Southwest Florida enjoys an exceptional climate for business as well as for lifestyle.
In 2013, Fortune 300 company Hertz announced the company would relocate its corporate headquarters from New Jersey to Southwest Florida. Hertz’s former CEO, Mark Frissora, said, “We are so grateful for this welcome to the Sunshine State. We did not make the decision to relocate lightly. We wanted to know that Florida was not only attractive to us as a company, but also to our employees.”
Southwest Florida is a fast growing economy that provides a competitive framework to global companies such as Chico’s FAS, Arthrex and Shaw Development. The region has 1.3 million residents, a workforce of over 600,000, and prime available locations including acreage, office space, warehousing, and manufacturing.
Key benefits include:
- An international airport serving more than 9.4 million annual passengers with 15 airlines; one of the top 50 U.S. airports.
- Great location that is only two hours from Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and only three hours from Orlando or Miami.
- Strong internet and mobile service connectivity
- Cities and counties that value business and employment growth
- Relocation and incentive programs to help companies
- Workforce programs to assist in training
- Fast track permitting assistance
- Ten colleges and universities
- Strong public school districts
- Choice of private and charter schools
- Strong vocational technical institutions
- Businesses and educators working together providing internships, apprenticeship and driving quality
- Warm sunny days cooled by the Gulf of Mexico breeze
- Arts and culture including Opera Naples, Naples Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall
- Great selection of quality education programs and schools
- Everglades National Park, Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge and many other recreation and wildlife areas to explore
- Spring baseball training base for Boston Tampa Rays Red Sox as well as the Minnesota Twins. There also is minor league baseball, hockey, and great golf courses, dining, and shopping to explore and enjoy.
- Strong regional healthcare and wellness focus
- Wide range of affordable housing and locations